Fasting Glucose: 183*
* Due to Monday being an early work day, I only got about 5 hours of sleep compared to the usual 9 or so. I usually have my lowest readings monday mornings due to less time for gluconeogenesis to occur. Not sure what's up with the drop in temp.
Bodyweight was already up to 197 this morning; up approximately 13 lbs. from my lowest of 184ish within the past month. Up 8 lbs. in the last week since starting my sorry excuse version of HED. Bodyfat was only up 2% to 15.5 measured with bioimpedance. The weight increase is most likely a large reason why training yesterday felt so easy. Really easy. A welcome change after getting weaker and weaker over the past few months.
Some interesting observations....
- The 183 this morning is only 22 points higher than the 161 from last monday(1/4) with the same sleep parameters despite....
- last week(1/3) I took 15 units of novalin-r throughout the day as compared to only 10 yesterday.
- Additionally on 1/3 I consumed at one time or another meals containing a pear, a handful of grapes, 1 metabolic drive bar and about 3 handfuls of chocolate covered raisins.
- Overall, yesterday I ingested 130g more carbohydrates, 1200 more calories, and used 5 units less novalin-r as compared to 1 week ago; yet had a fasted reading the following morning only 22 points higher.
- total calories were about the same
- ingested approximately 48g more carbohydrates on 1/10 as compared to 1/9
- used 10 units of novalin-r on 1/10 as compared to 15 on 1/9
- last 2 hour post-prandial reading of the day was 107 points lower on 1/10 as compared to 1/9 despite using less insulin and eating more carbohydrates
- fasting level for the morning following 1/10 was 34 points lower than the morning following 1/9; again despite using less insulin and eating more carbohydrates
Back to the order of things.....
- 4 sausage patties
- 1 large baked potatoe
- 1 piece Ezekial Cinn/Raisin Bread
- 3 pats butter
- 500mg metformin
1 Hour Reading: 326
2 Hour Reading: 371 WTF! (followed by 5 units novalin-r)
- 4 oz. rotisserie chicken
- 2 pieces Ezekial Cinn/Raisin Bread
- 2 pats butter
- 1/2 Metabolic Drive bar
1 Hour Reading: In a meeting; missed
2 Hour Reading: 309
Random reading 4 hours later 30 min. before meal #3: 250
- 4 coleman hotdogs
- 1 piece Ezekial Bread
- 1 ear corn on cob
- 12 oz. baked red potatoes
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 2 pat butter
- 1/2 Metabolic Drive Bar
- 5oomg metformin( I think?!)
1 Hour Reading: 329
2 Hour Reading: 332
Meal #4 ( 5 units novalin about 30 min. prior)
- 1/4 lb grass fed beef
- 1 oz provolone cheese
- 5 large asparagus spears
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 piece Ezekial Bread
- 1 pat butter
- 1 1/4 cup Panera Broc/Cheddar Soup
- 12 oz pan fried potatoes (olive oil)
- 2 oz. yellow onion
- 1/4 Tablespoon organic PB
- 2 thin slices prosciutto
1 Hour Reading: 307
2 Hour Reading: 356 (followed by the usual 15 units lantus and bed)
Daily Totals: 4950 kcal
- fat: 306g
- carb: 352g
- protein: 192g