Friday, January 15, 2010

Today's Numbers.....

Temp: 97.5
Glucose: 207

Due to the two 140ish point spikes after training I have decided not to train for the rest of the month. It will give me the opportunity to concentrate on my flexibility and mobility which I have severely neglected.

Meal #1

- 5 sausage patties
- 5 units novalin

1 Hour: 142
2 1/2 Hour: 101(body is so out of whack I actually felt hypo at this level)

Hypo feeling dissipated within 15-20 min. Hopefully it wasn't glucagon!

Meal #2

- 6 thin slices proscuitto
- 1 piece Ezekial Bread
- 12 oz. pan fried potatoes(olive oil)
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 8 oz. green beans
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 1 pat butter
- 1 Tablespoon garlic
- 2 oz. onion
- 500mg metformin

1 Hour: 270
2 Hour: 352 (really?!)

Meal #3

- 3 cups long grain brown rice
- 12 oz broccoli
- 3 Tablespoons butter
- 4 coleman hotdogs
- tsp. tumeric
- 5 units novalin-r

1 Hour: 383
2 Hour: 385

Meal #4

- 12 slices coleman uncured/nitrate/msg free bacon
- 15 large asparagus spears
- 2 pieces Ezekial Cinn/Raisin Bread
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 2 pats butter
- 500mg metformin

1 Hour: 439(10 units lantus)
2 Hour: 493
3 Hour: 446

* Apparently I don't handle brown rice well; or I ate way too much. Odd I don't even feel thirsty. The only other change was these meals were placed 1-2 hours closer together than yesterday. These represent the worst readings I have had in 2 weeks; the only thing that produced worse results than this was a trip to the chinese buffet about 3 weeks ago. Back to the drawing board......

Daily Totals: 4580 kcals


  • Fat: 317
  • Carb: 296
  • Protein: 142



4 comments:

  1. Yes, it's believed that the level at which one experiences hypoglycemia can be altered. At 70 mg/dl I'm not the least bit hypo, and can even skip breakfast without missing a beat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...when issues first arised I remember feeling hypo at anything under 80-82. This is the second time since starting insulin to get that feeling; the other was the 2nd or 3rd day on it. But there have been times in the past 2 weeks where I was under 100 and felt normal. Seems as though my mood, etc. have improved even moreso. The coconut milk, not bad; though they sure had it hidden at the store(asian section). I was not aware there were coconut trees in China? Who woulda thought. Funny marketers. Will have to look into cooking with it or coconut oil. Will be attempting to make brown rice for the first time later today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brutal. Once again you can see your numbers creep up and up and up throughout the day. There is absolutely no indication of glucose being stored away in cells whatsoever.

    There's also been no substantial indication of improvement along the way. I'm glad you feel better physically, but it may be about time to bag the HED experiment. Still curious about your fasting insulin level. Did you post anything on that or hear anything from the doc?

    Am still very curious to see how your body handles carbohdyrate without much accompanying fat or protein. That will be the true marker of whether or not you have an insulin deficiency or are insulin resistant. I just can't see you being insulin resistant or there would be a pretty dramatic reversal in your numbers - much higher 1 hour postp's than 2-hour postp's. That's only the case when you have zero carb meals.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am starting to lean towards bagging it myself. The only time I seem to have good numbers is if I don't have any carbs; or I inject the 5 units of novalin within 3-4 hours of each other. I was really liking the brown rice creation I came up with too! Up to 16 pounds added in the past 2 weeks.

    Should hopefully run into the doc Monday morning; but I fear they goofed and didn't do the lab.

    ReplyDelete